Check Out The Dang Archives:

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Thanks Bob.

I've always been enamored with "The Joy of Painting".  Growing up with 4, maybe 5 TV channels available via antenna, much of the time you were stuck with whatever was on.  Oh, and it's worth mentioning that if you ended up on PBS as your last resort, you knew you were in trouble.  That is, unless you happened upon one of the most gentle and modest all artists: Bob Ross.  I've been pulled into his 26 minute painting show at the most random times in my life.  It's had a lasting effect on me and especially now that all 31 series are available on multiple platforms.  I've watched every episode a minimum of 3 times.  I've now learned important things about everything from color theory to seeking inner peace.  If you've passed Bob off as a kooky public television personality and nothing more, please look again.  Bob Ross is teaching far more than painting mountain landscapes.  Thanks Bob.